4wd in op, blown fuse #26 and couple questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4wd in op, blown fuse #26 and couple questions

N2FORD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4wd
I did a few searches and found some info but need more info. I keep blowing fuse #26 in my 95 4wd X, this started after trying the 4wd ( it did not work)the other day. I looked in the book and it would appear to me that the shift/select motor is shorting and blowing the fuse, does this sound correct? The other question is the shift/select motor rebiuld the same for 91-94 and the 95's?

Well got the X back today from a local shop and they found a shorted wire. The wire was in the steering column and only shorted if the overdrive was off and I put it in park. The tech said he had seen 1 more like this. He fixed the wire and put a piece of rubber hose over the wire to protect it from happening again. It was totally unrelated to the 4WD(it works now since the fuse is fixed). The shift select motor is different from the 95 to the 91-94's. Just thought I would pass this along since no one had an answer.

Back