4x4 automatic hubs(thrust spacers tickness) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4x4 automatic hubs(thrust spacers tickness)

Nikola

Reaction score
City, State
Skopje,Macedonia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Can anybody tell me what is the tickness of the two PLASTIC thurst spacers wich has to be mounted BETTWEN wheel nut and cam assembly on automatic wheel hubs on 1994 Explorer, and what is material from wich are they maded( nylon??), or best solution if somebody can send me or give me an adress for buying them.
I especialy need this becouse they are not mounted on my Explorer and I have problem to engage front wheel drive ( they are sliped becouse cam assembly don't have enough move to side)
I'am truying to order them throw few Ford official dealer (here in Europe and in Canada), but they can't help me becouse they don't have these parts in their schemes( and don't have code for ordering.
I was looking myself in their schemes and that parts are not there, but they are clear explained in both of manual wich I have (Haynes and Chilton)
I decised to make them if I don't have opportunity to buy
Can I replace them with steel spacers( cam assembly with wich are they in contact is maded from nylon)?
Nikola, Macedonia
'94 5speed Mazda
bi-fuel

Back