4X4 Lights Flashing & loud noise fix & Tx You | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4X4 Lights Flashing & loud noise fix & Tx You

rvgliberty

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
:thumbsup: Just a THANK YOU to everyone for the help I found on this site. Challenge was 4x4 light going on and off at different times, loud kerchunk noise while making slow turns and then battery kept going dead each night even after a new one installed.

It turns out it was the 4x4 modular which is easily replaced behind the glove compartment thanks to a few post suggestions. (15 minutes or so) Part was only $155 + shipping on the internet through millenniumford in Burien, Washington. (Tx to another poster earilier)

New part number is: 1L2Z-7E453-A for my 2002 XLT.

Saved over $400 estimated. Ford wanted a diagnostic check, new part from them and the others around Indy was $288 plus $200 or so installation.

Thanks to everyone and this board!!!!

:thumbsup: :salute:

:thumbsup: Just a THANK YOU to everyone for the help I found on this site. Challenge was 4x4 light going on and off at different times, loud kerchunk noise while making slow turns and then battery kept going dead each night even after a new one installed.

It turns out it was the 4x4 modular which is easily replaced behind the glove compartment thanks to a few post suggestions. (15 minutes or so) Part was only $155 + shipping on the internet through millenniumford in Burien, Washington. (Tx to another poster earilier)

New part number is: 1L2Z-7E453-A for my 2002 XLT.

Saved over $400 estimated. Ford wanted a diagnostic check, new part from them and the others around Indy was $288 plus $200 or so installation.

Thanks to everyone and this board!!!!

How many times did the lights flash? I have a simular problem with my Ranger, it flashes 6 times every few minutes. Thanks

Back