5.0 TB Spacer and Pulleys?

CougarX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '02 ST, '97 XLT
I was searching the internet for performance upgrades for my 5.0 Explorer and found a Throttle Body spacer and JET underdrive pulleys. Does anyone have any experience with these on an Explorer (preferably 5.0). I know the underdrive pulleys are pretty fool proof but does the TB Spacer help any? I have heard both good and bad things about them from everybody. Any personal experiences? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TB spacers are a waste of money. they dont do anything. for what it costs you will never notice the difference. ever. well the only difference you would notice would be when it messes up your comp.

me2

I also got the Jet pulleys from performance products. They are really nice but you can't use the crank pulley because the 5.0 has an intergated pulley/dampener. The alternator and water pump will work, but I didn't do it because I was bleeding enough from just trying to get the fan assembly off. $^%$@!!!!!

Be careful with underdrives because the water pump pulley is designed to slow the pump down.

I'd be weary of the pulleys for street use, I have a couple friends that have had some overheating problems with them... I don't think slowing down the water pump is worth the few extra HP they make.

The JET pulleys don't fit! I'm waiting on someone else to make a set. I believe ASP and Steeda are making some soon. I have some on my Mustang and they work great. No overheating or charging problems.

They use to make 2 different sets though a race set and a street set so you probably have the street set. We ordered the race set and out an aerostar van 100 amp altenator on and a high volume water pump.

Originally posted by MSTNGGUY88
They use to make 2 different sets though a race set and a street set so you probably have the street set. We ordered the race set and out an aerostar van 100 amp altenator on and a high volume water pump.

Yeah, I agree that you want to stay away from the race set for street use.

Back