• Register Today It's free!

TB spacers

JVRDC

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 XLT
I'm considering installing a TB spacer on my 2000 5.0. However, I noticed they seem somewhat difficult to find. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any feedback on improved performance after TB and intake manifold spacer install would be much appreciated. Also, which one is better, the 3/8 phenolic or the one inch, assuming enough vertical clearance:?:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome jvrdc

Spacer

The phenolic material is the best way to go. Its the stuff circut boards are made out of. If the exact spacer you need is not available and you have a few skills, you can order a sheet of phenolic the size and thickness you need, trace and cut out.

Dan

Dman,

Where can you order a phenolic sheet? Are they available by the square foot in any dimension?

Thanks for any info!

I just did a yahoo search for Phenolic Sheet and a bunch of results came up. Most of them sell by the inch, 12" X 12", 12" X 24" etc from .125 to 3 inches thick. The site I looked at was www.phenolic-sheets-rods-tubes.com

You'll prolly want the high temp glass material. It does get a bit pricey based on size/thickness though.

Dan

Back