• Register Today It's free!

5 speed swop 5.0l question.

explorinitup

Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach, virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 5.0 on boost
I REAR THREW ALOT OF THE 5 SPEED SWOPS. AND EVERYONE USES THE M5R2 TRANS. NOW I CAN FIND ALOT OF THE M5OD TRANSMISSIONS. OUT OF A 88-96 F150 WITH A 5.0 FROM THE PIC OF THE ONES I HAVE FOUND THE SHIFTER IS FAR FOWARD LIKE M5R2. HERES THE LINK http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/3338056138.html IS THERE ANY REASON THIS WONT WORK???? THIS IS THE SAME TYPE THE 4.0 EXPLORERS GUYS USE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 97-03 4.2l trans is the best option for your SWAP, it puts the shifter in a location closest to what would be stock, but you have to open up the bolt holes on the bellhousing a little. You can also read THROUGH some SWAPS on The Ranger Station.

Also, turn off your friggen caps lock.

By the way, I have a friend who moved out to Virginia Beach last summer, how was it out there with Sandy and all?

if you are not competent enough to look at the screen and see the caps lock is on and spell words like "swop" (swap BTW) wrong then you are not competent enough to turn a wrench on a vehicle without endangering someones life.

The engines are also balanced differently, so you will have some vibrations unless you tear the engine down and have the crank, front pulley, and flywheel balanced together

if you are not competent enough to look at the screen and see the caps lock is on and spell words like "swop" (swap BTW) wrong then you are not competent enough to turn a wrench on a vehicle without endangering someones life.

The engines are also balanced differently, so you will have some vibrations unless you tear the engine down and have the crank, front pulley, and flywheel balanced together

Wow!!!!!!!!!this post was done at work with a computer with caps on at all times. I am a VERY COMPETENT mechanic. I have worked as a professional for about 8 years now and am a full service technician. I am also a licences state safty inspecter. I am sooooooo sorry this post was put quickly and I. Could not proof read it. And just so you know I found my answer. The older one is a inch and a half longer. So it can work but with much more work. Sport gas tank. Longer shift linkage for the 4406 that is allready in the truck. And so one.......

Wow!!!!!!!!!this post was done at work with a computer with caps on at all times. I am a VERY COMPETENT mechanic. I have worked as a professional for about 8 years now and am a full service technician. I am also a licences state safty inspecter. I am sooooooo sorry this post was put quickly and I. Could not proof read it. And just so you know I found my answer. The older one is a inch and a half longer. So it can work but with much more work. Sport gas tank. Longer shift linkage for the 4406 that is allready in the truck. And so one.......

Your spelling still sucks. :D

Also, there is a small trick to making computers with the caps lock always on to enter text normally. First, position your right hand above the keyboard with your index finger over the J. Your next three fingers should be covering the K, L and ;/: keys. Now, take your left hand, and carefully place your index finger from your left hand so that it is either lightly touching the F, or hovering slightly above. The next three fingers from there should cover the D, S and A. Carefully, while making certain to not apply enough pressure to depress any of the keys your fingers cover, extend your left pinky finger to the left of its current position. It should now be resting on a key that is directly above the Shift key, and directly below the Tab key. You will then need to apply some pressure on that key using your left pinky. This can be accomplished by moving your pinky itself, or leaning your whole body to the left. You will need under 1 ounce of pressure to depress the key. Once the key clicks down, you can release the pressure. Text should now be entered normally.

Also, explaining that you are on a work computer where you can't turn off caps lock sounds like a more credible story if you aren't logged in using a username, and likely password, that don't use capital letters. Kinda hard to do that if you can't turn caps lock off.

hey i never said caps lock was stuck on. the computer system we use at the dealership i work at only uses caps. The comands and all the lines i fill in, to send in for parts and the storys for the repairs i make are all in caps. so for me to use the computer at work and to write an entire post in caps and not notice in is not uncommon. i have a number of posts i have put up in caps and not even noticed. It is just second nature to see caps on. Now for my spelling. i cant realy help it. i have sevear dyslexia. to the point where i was put in special class to help me sence 6th grade. now being 24 years old i still can spell worth a s#*t. but i though this web site was for tech help and info not my grammar. so please can we just drop this.

Back