5R55E 2-3 shifting problems. New parts were installed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E 2-3 shifting problems. New parts were installed.

fordnut71

Reaction score
City, State
oshawa, ontario. home 2 goverment motors canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ex sport
my wifes 99 ex with a sohc, 5r55e has been having a fit the last few days.
iv read up on the vb rebuild an 2-3 shift flairing problems.
so i went to ford an ordered a new epc,bonded gasket,bracket an blow off valve.i installed everything as is called for. checked the resistance on the other silnoids an got 27 ohms on each 1s. i adjusted the bands also while i was there.120in-lbs backed off 2 turns ,lock nut tighten to 40ft-lbs. truck has 239,000 kilometers.
problem im having its still has a flair up on the 2-3 shift. it will shift on its own if you let it rev up to 4500 rpms. the od light will flash some times telling me i have a problem but when i scan the computer i dont get anything comming up. im kinda getting at a lost here what the problem might be.
any suggestions of the fix?

now im sometimes getting a shuttering like something is stuck on partly on down shifting could this maybe the servos isnt releasing.
does any 1 in the toronto area of some 1 that will read the codes for me. i went to a few shops yesterday an as soon as they saw the o/d light flashing they wouldnt hook up an said i have a blown tranny.

well i found a shop who scanned the computer for me with his snap on scanner. hes saying that the its not storing any hard codes. hes saying the problem is a soft code meaning i need to have the light flashing it be able to read the codes.

Back