• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Auxiliary Lighting

Eject

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I'm thinking of adding auxiliary lighting to my 2017 Explorer Sport. But haven't been able to decide on a setup yet.

Whether you use LED, halogen or HID... Post pictures and tell us about your setup.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking of adding auxiliary lighting to my 2017 Explorer Sport. But haven't been able to decide on a setup yet.

Whether you use LED, halogen or HID... Post pictures and tell us about your setup.
What kind of lighting are you looking at. There is an existing thread with pictures on light bars.
5th Gen w/LED Light Bars.....

Peter

I've come across the LED lightbar thread but I have some reservations about light bars. Most of the commercially available bars are cheaply made Chinese products. The quality lightbars are quite expensive and I'm quite skeptical about lights without lenses.

I'm considering a pair of Hella 500ff driving lights and mounted behind the lower front grille. I live in the country and I could use a bit more light on the unlit country roads.

I don't think anyone has installed those. Did a quick search within that thread and came up empty. I drive on unlit back roads at times and haven't had any issues with the current set up of LED lows and Halogen highs. I have seen pictures here of driving lights mounted on push bumpers. Good luck.

Peter

Dwqlc1g.jpg

2 led cubes 10w each, they are very bright.

Are there supposed to be 3 pictures or 1?

Peter

Back