• Register Today It's free!

6-CD Audiophile swap

askguru

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Exploder XLS
I swapped out the old single cd that had a jammed Cd and broken buttons with a new 6-cd Audiophile Player. Plugged it in buttoned up the dash and load a cd. Hmm... No Bass. No matter what adjustment I do I get no Bass.

I read that I would needed a harness, a sub/amp combo and a large piece of plastic. Or buy a Stealthbox from JL-Audio and separate amplifier.

Has anyone done this sway? or can tell me the part numbers I need?

Thanks,

I'm looking to do the same, I know i can get or make a sub box but I need it to look factory. For a Sub/Amp i found them on Fleabay for as little as $17 plus 20 for shipping, seen them for anywhere $20-50. Check a junk yard. Although i have yet to hook it up but i may need a new woofer as it looks a little dry, no big deal. I'm now looking for the Sub Panel, RR-Qtr Trim Panel and Radio harness maybe a junkyard too but i haven’t looked a lot yet.

When you put the radio did it have 3 connectors or just 2? Do you remember the part number? On your Ex do you have the Wheel controls? Rear DVD player?
Let us know what you find out.

It has three black connectors on the back. I only plugged in two connectors. I think the third is to the factory sub/amp combo. The part number for the radio is 3L2T-18C815-FB. My X is base model XLS .

Back