6" lift and 31's??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6" lift and 31's???

Do you guys think that a 6" lift with 31's would look way too small?? I just got brand new pro-comp 31's. and I don't want to have to get new tires/rims/and gears, ya know?? What do you guys think? Would it look fine or really stupid? I could always try to sell the tires on here, and get some new ones, and some rims, and maybe change the gears later on down the road. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they might look small but they can't be as bad as my 98 ranger 4x2 off-road pkg with 215/60/14 they are to small. i'll give you $50 for you new tire lol

I figure with a 6", you could fit 35's...but...why not 31's? You could goto 32's and have basically the same power as 31's.....but since you already bought the tires...

Rock883,
I have a 5.5in lift with my 30" tires. They looks small but I think it is alright. I am getting my new tires soon. You could do like you said and drive it for a while untill you can get new tires, and sell your old ones.

TJ Cotta

Check out my truck in the Featured Truck section at the bottom of the main page. It is 2wd and has the six inch lift with 32's. I think it will look just fine for awhile until you can afford maybe getting the 32's or 33's.

i have a 4" lift and had 33" and they looked small. Now I have 35's with the lame 4" TrailMaster and it looks a lot better. I would think 31's would look like lowrider tires with a 6" lift.
Colin 'Fenderguy' Ignacio
'92 XLT • 4" TrailMaster • 35" BFG Mudders • 4.56 Strange Gears • MangaFlo cat back • K&N cone filter

almost same questionas

almost same question as Rock883, but i have a 3" body lift and i want to add a 5.5" susp. to it and i have 31" tires might look funny on that one dont you think?

A91

How's it going? You're talking about 8.5" of lift with 31's. Why do you want so much lift anyway? Just curious. My personal opinion is yes with 8.5" of lift, 31's will look really funny. I thought mine looked funny with 4" and 33's. Now that I got my 35's, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks.
Colin 'Fenderguy' Ignacio
'92 XLT - 4" TrailMaster - 35" BFG Mudders - 4.56 Strange Gears - MagnaFlo cat back - K&N cone filter

Back