• Register Today It's free!

6" lift kit?

energie

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
Does a company make a 6" lift kit? the closest i found was a tuff country 4" kit. would you be betteroff doing a 4" suspension and a 3" body lift? or what?
also what tires can you fit on a 4" lift? tuff country reccommends 31x10.5 but that seems a bit tiny for that much of a lift, can you fit 33x12.5? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Skyjacker, Rough Country, Superlift, ect. all make 5.5" lift kits for the explorer. Just search google for them.

You may be able to fit 33x12.5 with the 4" Lift, it's different for every explorer. I was able to fit them on my car with very minor rubbing (didn't have to trim). If you want to fit the 33s comfortably go with the 5.5" lift.

skyjacker? all i saw from them was a 2" lift.

you didn't look hard enough.

If you are going to get a 6" lift, get a Skyjacker kit.

I liked my 5.5 super lift. Never bent or broke anything on the suspension components.

The cheapest way to run 33x12.50's is to do a 2" lift with f150 coil seats and add a leafs/shackles, then add a 3" body lift. With some trimming and this 4 1/2 to 5" you should be able to run 33's. I've got 2" front springs and the 3" body lift and that's what I run for now. But, if I had it to do over again...I would get a 5.5" lift and forget the body lift. Unfortunately my sliders are welded to the frame and the bumpers are built for the body lift, so I can't take it off now.

Superlift makes good kits. The only problem with Superlift kits are how stiff their springs are. The Superlift springs are close to 600PPI.

The reason I recommend the Skyjacker kits is because their springs are softer and allow for better flex with a stock coil. The Skyjacker springs are close to 450PPI.

The Skyjacker radius arms arm much stronger also. They also remove the factory weak transmission cross member and replace it with a nice brace unit for the radius arm brackets.

skyjacker? all i saw from them was a 2" lift.

The skyjacker kit is listed under the ford ranger and if you do go with skyjacker make sure you get the kit with rear springs otherwise you'll get lift blocks which will do nothing but lower the explorer.

Rough country only makes a 1.5in leveling kit and a 4in lift. I'm currently running their 4in kit with a 3in body lift.

Also the 4in tuff country kit I believe comes with an add-a-leaf to lift the rear which wont give you 4in of lift so the rear will be lower than the front

actually thats not true. im running a 6" rough country lift and a 3 inch body.

bought it from a buddy.

drop brackets for the ttb, radius arm drops, coils, shocks, bump stops, the normal stuff that comes with a kit.

This is the only thing I have against the SuperLift kits......
IMG_0344.jpg

Thats the PS drop bracket. it broke the front and back tabs off. This is how I fixed it......
DSC00209.jpg

The gussets are both sides, front and back. I recommend dong this to anyone that buys the SuperLift(with those type brackets). The SkyJacker already come with the gussets. Other than that the kit has been great to me.....

i know this is probably a dead thread but for what its worth my 91 rides rather well on 33x14.50r15 bogger tsl's on 15x10 outlaw's and 4" back spacing with just a 4" bodylift

Back