70 series on a 03 v8 Eplorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

70 series on a 03 v8 Eplorer

previous owners of my sport had the 70 series it had single in and dual out but it sounded to quiet so i got rid of it.

now i got the 40 series flowmasters and big difference in sound.

I have owned several, and currently own a mustang with flowmasters. the sound outside is wonderful, but the drone inside really is annoying. I am swapping to magnaflow on the stang.
We are getting a 04 4.6 mountaineer today. How is the inside noice with a flowmaster on them? Just the muffler welded in, not removing any cats or anything.

I have owned several, and currently own a mustang with flowmasters. the sound outside is wonderful, but the drone inside really is annoying. I am swapping to magnaflow on the stang.
We are getting a 04 4.6 mountaineer today. How is the inside noice with a flowmaster on them? Just the muffler welded in, not removing any cats or anything.

With the 70 series, it's perfect. I had an 89 LX 5.0 with shorty headers, off-road H-pipe and 40 series mufflers and 2.5 exhuast. LOVED the sound and didn't mind the drone, but with the Ex and 70, you get the Flowmaster sound without the major drone.

Back