• Register Today It's free!

70 series on a 03 v8 Eplorer

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
is there a good duel tail pipe setup for v8 explorers 2003 , using existing cat single into duel outlet flowmaster 70 ( or is there a single to duel outlet 70 ) ? , or am i stuck with just a single setup , with out heavy modification

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

custom dual exhaust fella...

i would guess single 3'' pipe into the muffler, then 2.5'' out, or 2.25'' out...

Limited02 has a sick Single 70 Series Exhaust

thx ill lookup Limited02 has a sick Single 70 Series Exhaust

thats the sound i want !! thx for single it sounds good !! it says hes got a magnaflow system , will my truck sound the same since the exhaust is stock with no mods , if i used the same cat back Limited 02 has

***** guy told me he could run it out where the fog lights are if i wanted him too lol. **** LMFAO

that's my truck lol, it wouldnt sound as raspy because you wouldnt have headers, but with a K&N and the magnaflow catback kit it would sound almost identical.

Zerodevil i want it to sound good but dont want it to radical , i feel hearing an Explorer sounding as loud as a mustang just doesnt sound right for that truck .. also ,,, do you have an Magnaflow or Flomaster on that truck i have seen posts that it was magnaflow and flowmaster ,, what kit do you have and where did you get it from thx

0411000626a.jpg

I'm not limited02. I have the basic magnaflow catback kit and I got it from ebay. This kit really isn't to loud.. and its almost compleatly quiet when im just driving down the street, it only makes some sound when i give her some love from the little peddle on the right.

lol thats my kit, i dont think a straight back kit is made, and to be honest hte tip thats on it is very high quality with baffles and actualy changes the exhaust sound a little. no reason you couldnt get a custom rear pipe made at an exhaust shop fairly cheep.

if i end up going forced induction im going to go with a true dual set up with twin magnaflow mufflers, and running the ends coming out where the trailer hitch is right now, think SRT-8 Cherokee.

Somebody ask for Limited02? :D

I have a 70 series single in/out with 2.5" exhaust and the third cat gone. Here's some clips;)

Idle/Rev

Running through the gears

Either setup (Magnaflow/Flowmaster) is good. I just prefer Flowmaster because I like the way they sound. Any questions, please ask.

lol thats my kit, i dont think a straight back kit is made, and to be honest hte tip thats on it is very high quality with baffles and actualy changes the exhaust sound a little. no reason you couldnt get a custom rear pipe made at an exhaust shop fairly cheep.

if i end up going forced induction im going to go with a true dual set up with twin magnaflow mufflers, and running the ends coming out where the trailer hitch is right now, think SRT-8 Cherokee.[/QUOTE]

We think to much alike!

i have a V6 with the same muffler that ZERO has, and just like him, even though his truck its worked a little bit... regular driving i barely hear it, until i give it some gas...

I had a Flowmaster, but i think im really swaying towards the Magnaflow now...

lol i know right?

yea lol...

im actually getting my exhaust finished hopefully this week.

I dont wanna thread jack so ZERO if you wanna know what im doing just look at my thread...

thanks guys for all your input , ill be getting the Magnaflow system for my truck , ill post pics upon install and a vid of sound clip !

ya post up some pictures.

Do you have mudflaps on yours?

I can never convince anyone to get a Flowmaster:( I really need to get ahold of Tylers02 and do a soundoff with him because he's got a Magnaflow. Maybe I'll pull him into the light and he'll see the wrong of his ways!!! LONG LIVE FLOWMASTER!!!

Lol !!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-cough- I WIN AGAIN!! LONG LIVE THE MAGNAFLOW EXPLORER!!!

Back