700R4 Reverse pattern manual valvebody | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

700R4 Reverse pattern manual valvebody

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
I've been tossing around some ideas for making my 700r4 even better

I really hate the TV cable....Bowtie's design really doesn't give you flexibility with adjusting shift behavior. In fact, I really don't like autos that much (I miss shifting!) but since there isn't a good t-5 swap right now for the 4.0, I wanted to come up with another idea.

TCI and B&M make a valvebody for a couple hundred bucks that you can put on your 700r4 that will allow you to shift it like a manual...so driving it is like a manual but without a clutch! It even allows full engine braking and it can automatically lock the TC in 4th gear! Best of all, it allows you to get rid of the TV cable and that stupid bracket that goes with it!

You need to get something called a ratcheting shifter with this, B&M makes one called the Quicksilver. Basically instead of having to unlock the shifter and slide it where you want, you simply snap it toward you to upshift or snap it away to downshift, and it shifts right then. If you want to go into P or R then you just press a locking button and then pull it forward or backward (depending on whether you want to do P or R) and you're good.

Yeah yeah I know this isn't new technology or anything but it's pretty new to me :)

I wish I'd known about this when I did my tranny swap, I would have done it right away but I guess then it gives me something to look forward to doing to my truck.

Back