8.8 rears | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8.8 rears

bilchap

Reaction score
City, State
south mountians of NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Does anybody know if the ring and pinion from a 93 bronco with an 8.8,4.56 gear, work in a 92 explorer?I started out with a 4.10.Already installed it in the rear when I found out that I was sent the wrong front gear(wrong rotation)The 4.10 reverse rotation gear is only offered from o.e.m. and is high dollar.If any body knows where I can get a good used one .It would save me from reinstalling another rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your post is a little confusing, but the ring and pinnion from a fullsize 8.8 should work in your Explorer. I hope that is what you were wanting to know.

Thanks,sorry for the confusion.What i was trying to say is that I am half way thru a gear swap and can't find a 4.10 front gear unless I go O.E.M. or that is what I am being told.It is looking like I can buy 4.56 aftermarket gears for the front and the rear for about the same money as the O.E.M 4.10 front.Unless some one knows where I can get a used 4.10 front.

AHH! It's too bad you don't need the front from a 2nd gen. I have a 4.10 that I need to sell.

Back