800700tran.com too good to be true? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

800700tran.com too good to be true?

ragajungle

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 BroncoII & 05 Taurus
I have a 99 sport with no reverse on a 5r55e and instead of DIY the VB after extensive reading here, TRS, & FordTrucks I decided that a different VB is the best route.

I found this, but remember reading somewhere that (this shop maybe??) was not the most reliable with shipping orders?

http://www.800700tran.com/prod.itml/icOid/80
Has anyone got this VB? What was your experience with the store?

Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, never heard of the place and the price sounds to good to be true, just my opinion.

after looking at some of their other offerings, the *Like New equates into used...

J...at least that's my take on their terminology :mad:

Bump

Anyone have experience with this company??

They have an F rating with the BBB. I did not find this out until after I ordered from them. Their phone voice mailbox is full and phone is not answered. My part has not arrived as of yet. :(

I ordered a wire harness through them about a week and a half ago. So my part may still be coming but after looking at the BBB rating I doubt it.

Wow, I thought I heard stuff on here reading posts (but it was months ago and cant remember where) I appreciate your feedback! I guess I will look elsewhere...

Try Central Valve Bodies there are others also. A good rebuilt VB will cost 225.00 up. Do you have manual low? With engine braking? Your problem might not be the VB.

They have had their issues with members on this forum...

A while back a number of people bought equipment from them and either didn't get it or the equipment they bought was substandard...

I bought a vb and solenoids from them myself and the vb was noticeably used and dirty...The solenoids looked clean but had wear marks on them...The vb was "likenew" and the solenoids were supposedly new...

I went to Central Valve Body; called Donnie, talked to him at length on the problem my tranny had, ordered a vb from him...

Got it quickly, installed it, and never looked back...

My take is 800700 is great for cores and spares to be worked on but I wouldn't put a lot of faith behind buying their parts and installing them straight away..

Thank You So Much for the advice! I Do have manual 1 and engine breaking...Also smooth shifting between all gears. I dropped the pan today (I jus payed it off and was gonna bring it home) the pan was clean, no chunks, no debris, jus the usual dirty-ish fluid and some powder on the magnet.

My bigger problem is that it has a MASSIVE leak. On my way to bring it home today it leaked to the point where I had to pull over and add more MERC V. It is sitting at a shop waiting for me to find a tow home (65 miles)(not what I wanted the very first day I got it) :(:(:(

If I can find a way to get it home I will check out Central Valve Bodies. Does anyone know if there is a list of parts on a thread that I should get to do this VB swap?

Thanks,
Mike

Back