'91 Window Motor same same? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'91 Window Motor same same?

Tony H

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New York, Wading River (that's on Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer
Does anyone know if the Front Drivers side Motor is the same as the Rear drivers side motor?
I got a very slow front Driver window that probably needs those three bushings replaced but I have a Rear Driver motor that I took apart last night and the bushings are in good shape. I Just wanted to do a quick swap, put the car back together, then maybe repair the other motor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe they are the same.
Are you sure the bushings are bad? The tracks just might need lubed.
If it is the bushings and you can't rebuild the motor yet just take the bushings out of the rear motor and put into the front.
Don't know about the ones in your area but usually autozone/advance stocks the bushings in the "Help" section. I believe they are 5-6 bucks a set.

I did a little more hunting around. It looks like heonnector is different and maybe the splined end. So, yeah, I may either buy the bushings or pull the ones out of the motor I have.
The slow, draggy window came on suddenly so I suspect it's bushings and not the slides.
I was just getting all my ducks in order so I can pull the Panel off and quickly fix whatever the issue is. It's my wifes vehicle and we do not have the same days off from Work.

I just replaced both front and the rear and I will say that they are different. Not by much but the gears on the motor.

I just replaced both front and the rear and I will say that they are different. Not by much but the gears on the motor.

Thaks for the confirmation

Yes, they are different. I have tried that swap as well because I took my front motor apart and killed it. $50 mistake right there.

Back