911! first gen. sploder help quick | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

911! first gen. sploder help quick

ExporeRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Highland, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
i lifted my first gen ex.
procmp AAL with a warrior shackle in the rear..bout 3in..
front was a 2in coil spacer

nightmare to get the front end aligned and cambered..but they got it into spec with the stock adjustment..

the rear is just fine everything looks great with my crappy stock tires..

i've heard that tires affect alignment..and i've heard that they dont (alignment shop said it would not matter)

but now with my new tires looks like the cambers off so im going to take it in to get it checked out by the same people..should tires affect that?

now the big question..i noticed it slightly befor the new tires..but now with the new tires you can def. tell..btw i hav 31 1050 muds..ill try'n explain this best i can
- the right front tire seems to be set back closer to the body then on the left side..so the passener side front tire has less clearance between the tires edge and the wheel well lip then the drivers side (which looks to be centered in the wheel well with even clearance). now that the bigger tires on ..its extrememly noticable..i can turn left pretty much no problem until pretty far into the turn..but turning right is an immidiate grinding and rubbing..

does anybody know why this tire seems offset? or especially how to fix it..i've thought bout it..and im thinkin maybe the arm for the wheel is somehow slotted and barely off..orrr its slotted or ovular..and it needs to be moved a bit..please help..and do it quick..i really wunna get this thing on the road aghain asap!..thanks so much
-chris

tire doesnt look right and it rubs..911

serious about this one..really do need some input
right front tire is an entire inch closer to the fender on the one side then the other..but its in perfect alignment and camber straigh and angle-wise..
-chris

ended up being a bent radius arm mount..

i was going to say radius arm issue will pull/push the beam

with a 2" coil spacer you should likely have 2.75 degree correction shims installed
if you do not have 0 degree camber your tires will wear out QUICK and it will drive like crap.

Back