• Register Today It's free!

92 explorer rear door latch

truxgirl

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Ok... honest question here, my buddies tried playin a trick on me and flipped the switch for the child locks on my driver's side rear door. Problem now is that one of them were sittin back there and tried to get out, and reefed on the handle. The door rod clip broke, and now I cannot open the door from the inside OR outside! Anyone out there got a diagram of the door latch so I can slim jim it open???

Muchly appreciated!!

-Lara

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should be able to get the door panel off, even with the door shut, then reach in and open it, while it's off, you can then repair the damage.....

We had a similar issue, someone had tried to open the door and bent the rod, so that it wouldn't open, the rod just needed straightening...

Si

will try!!! Thanks a million bud!

Got er done! Ended up having to rip the door panel off from the inside.. (which was a task in itself...) and the plastic clip that attatches the rod to the handle broke. Found the rod laying in the bottom of the door panel. LOL. Thanks for the help bud! :)

Back