• Register Today It's free!

93 EB tranny

Shades950

Reaction score
City, State
Danville, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
this is the 2nd time the tranny has gone out on me in the last 2 years so i want to replace it. i was wondering how hard it would be to put in a 5 spd manual (how much fab work would need to be done or whatever). or what other auto trannies would fit on my 93. basic info dont know if it is needed 4.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer runs 33's all stock

It has been done. It shouldn't be that hard because after all, the explorer was availible with a manual trans.

About 2 years ago I had the auto tranny replaced on my 1990 dakota. I asked the mechanic if it was possible to convert it to a manual transmission. He said "Yes, but not recomended" his reasoning was that although it wouldn't be all that hard to do the actual conversion, it would cause all other kinds of related problems like u-joints, rear end, etc....

Do a search. Tons of people have converted their auto to a 5speed in there explorer.

Advance Adapters makes a...adapter to fit a GM 700R4 in our explorers. While in their stock form they're not all that great, they can be build to be pretty bullit proof!

oh your running 33"s without lift? How??

Later
CP :D

Back