• Register Today It's free!

93 exp hood part/ function?

abear

Reaction score
City, State
sw pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 cry/ fifth av.
got the hood open several days ago. the hood never closed all the way since i picked it up. someone suggested the rubber bumpers, only has one. cleaned, sprayed safety hook/lever and lock assembly. the hood release cabe works now. hood closes all the way, and it opens w/ ease. BUT. from the hood i took off a part that is mounted in the hood, 1 bolt, flat tounge strip of metal, that is close to the lock ass when the hood is closed. looks like it might work in conjunction w/ the cable/ locking system. can anyone relate what this part, bolted to the hood, 1 bolt is? will the locking system work w/out this flat piece? thanks for any info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a glance of an open hood, open. center hole under in the hood. flat piece of steel, held w/ one bolt. flat w/ a tight loop on the end, which braces on the hood. hard steel. it's function. thanks for any replys suggestions. can't find anything on a search.

I can't picture what you are describing.. Can you take a pic of that? That will really help...

~Mark

It is what the hood latch "hooks" over to secure your hood. It has one bolt so it can slide by itself into the correct position to hold the hood in place. Put it back.

a glance of an open hood, open. center hole under in the hood. flat piece of steel, held w/ one bolt. flat w/ a tight loop on the end, which braces on the hood. hard steel. it's function. thanks for any replys suggestions. can't find anything on a search.

That is a spring that pushes the hood up when you pull the cable.

Back