• Register Today It's free!

93 explorer Sport wont start...

Ebomb93

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
Hi, I am new to this forum, and was looking for any help… I have a 1993 Explorer and it wont start. When I turn the key it the start will spin but will not engage to the flex plate. I replaced the starter thinking it was that, with no luck. I then replaced the battery, because it tested bad, still no luck. Then I replaced the solenoid, it was not that either . I replaced the positive starter terminal of the wire going from the solenoid to the starter ( on the starter side) because it looked corroded and bad. I turned the flex plate with a screwdriver and it spins the engine, and the teeth looked good. Then I put the starter back on and it engaged, but the starter would not disengage from the flex plate. This ground most of the teeth off of the starter and the flex plate. I bought another starter, and I herd you could replace the starter ring teeth on the flex plat with out dropping the trans is this true? I took it to a shop and they had no idea what to do. I don't know what to do next. All of the wires are in there correct locations. I'm lost... any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back