93 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Auto Hubs Replaced with Manual WARN hubs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Auto Hubs Replaced with Manual WARN hubs.

FRiZzO

Reaction score
City, State
Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
93 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Problems -Auto Hubs Replaced with Manual WARN hubs.

I recently took my 93 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 in because I had a feeling the 4x4 wasn't working at all. Apparently 1 hub was bad. I had the automatic hubs replaced with manual hubs "WARN" . Now I know they are working somewhat but when I gas it on snow so that the tires spin the front end starts to make a grinding noise. This is definitely from the front. The red light on the 4x4 button on the inside is on and all that stuff is good. Could someone please let me know what this grinding noise is? I don't feel like it is 100% working properly plus I don't like the sound of it.

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its probally your front axel u-joints:(

if it is the front axel u joints , you gave a :( face so that probably means lots of $$? How much around?

You could do it yourself for about 50 bucks a shop might charge you 250 to 300 bucks.Its the u-joints that run through the axel

There any tutorials for doing this on my own? If I only need 1 ujoint kit?

Do a search

It will be alot quicker then me trying to type it all out:D

Thank you sir, will do.

good luck

Keep us posted:D

Back