MG_2566.JPG

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_1911.gif

HPIM1069.gif

SPECS:
Base truck: 1993 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab, 4.0L V6, M5OD transmission

Mods:

- 35" BFG Mud T/A's on 15x8 Rockcrawler rims 5 on 5.5" pattern

- Rear end - '81 Ford 9" Full width, 4.56 gears, ARB air locker and 31 spline shafts riding on skyjacker FR36 softride springs Ranch RS5012 shocks

- Front-1971 bronco Dana 44 powder coated w/ 4.56 gears ARB air locker Warn lockouts, 1.5" wheel spacers, custom steering w/ 1 ton TRE's, 3/4 ton axle shafts 760x U-joints, disc brakes, Rancho RS5012 shocks on F-250 shock mounts and suspended by Wild Horse 3.5" VR coils. (EB) Custom Long Arm kit w/ Johnny Joints

- Atlas 6.0:1 transfer case 32-spline outputs

Other dodads:
- Front winch: Warn XD9000i loaded w/ 90' of AmSteel Blue synthetic line, plus 50' extension, and Aluminum fairlead on custom bumper
Rear winch: Warn M6000 SDP on custom flatbed
- Cobra CB
- Garmin GPS linked to Dell laptop with Delorme Topo software
- Yaesu FT-8800 2M/70cm Ham Radio
- 60" Hi-Lift jack
- Full size spare
- CenterForce Dual-Friction Clutch
- Hand throttle
- One-piece driveshaft
- Braided steel brake lines all around
- Dual batteries (primary: Exide spiral wound 1000ca, secondary: Optima redtop, batteries seperated by Sure-Power battery isolator)
- Ready Welder
- 700 watt MSW inverter
- On-board air

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! I'm jealous of your front axle! :D

It's easier to install then the skyjacker class II lift that was on there before.

Good looking truck man!

What is the difference in the STX's and 4x4's?

What kind of handle throttle mod did you do?

Originally posted by JoshC
Good looking truck man!

What is the difference in the STX's and 4x4's?

What kind of handle throttle mod did you do?

The STX model is just a higher trim level then an XLT. This truck has the upgrade center console and power lubar seats, but has the power windows and locks deleted.

The hand throttle I built is just a bicyle brake handle and cable that I built some mounts for in the cab and can be installed and removed in about 10 sec.

thats awesome! ive seen it mounted on the shifter in a couple of rigs on the trail, and it looked pretty cool. im jealous of your extended cab! (and yeah, i wouldent mind having the axle either ;) )

hey man, the trucks lookin awesome, hope u like the new axle...laterz

adam

Mine Got Power Windows And Power Locks Its A 1993

I didn't mean that they couldn't have power windows and locks, I was saying that the original owner chose to delete those options from the STX package.

Back