Scott B's 93 Ranger XLT V8 | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scott B's 93 Ranger XLT V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, that teardrop is awesome! :thumbsup:

Have to say I love this truck! A lot of goodies are packed into a very purpose built and completely functional rig and it looks great.

Nice job!

Benjam :D

That trailer looks great. I tried the link of that build but unfortunately don't have an account on expedition portal. From the other work you have done, I'm sure it's dialed in!!

The last 2 weeks of September, we took a 4400 mile road trip to Wyoming. We took the teardrop, and traveled almost 400 miles on dirt. We explored the southwestern part of the state.

Here's a picture from one of our campsites:

Attachments

• Camp1.jpg
    Camp1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 652

Trip out West......

Nice campsite.......Oh! nice truck and teardrop too!..... ;) mjmcdowell

The last 2 weeks of September, we took a 4400 mile road trip to Wyoming. We took the teardrop, and traveled almost 400 miles on dirt. We explored the southwestern part of the state.

Here's a picture from one of our campsites:

Well done :chug:

Last weekend, we went to the first annual Appalachian Rendezvous in Uwharrie National Forest in North Carolina. Aside from the camping/relaxing, there was some really good wheeling.

Attachments

• Camp2.jpg
    Camp2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 617
  • Camp3.jpg
    Camp3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 645

Some more pictures from the Applachian Rendezvous.

Attachments

• truck14.jpg
    truck14.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 597
  • truck12.jpg
    truck12.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 576
  • truck11.jpg
    truck11.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 596
  • truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 598
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 599
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 589

The passenger side header is little close to the floor, and has been warming the floor on long trips. I found some peel-and-stick heat shield for the firewall, which should solve this problem.

Here's a picture of the product. Sorry, no picture of the installation - can't really see much.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 600

Due to some changes in my life (all good) I have decided to sell this truck. It has not been an easy decision, but I think it is the right thing for me at this time.

I mention it here first, thinking/hoping that the truck will stay in the "family".

I will be placing ads on several forums, but thought I would mention the sale here first. If anyone is interested, let me know here or via PM. If you are not near Georgia, I/we can work out a delivery.

Sorry to hear you have to let this one go considering how much you have put into it. Sweet truck! I was just at the same crossroad myself.

What kind of ride is next for you? And good luck with the sale

:eek::(:( I hate to see this truck change hands. You must specify that whoever buys it has to keep it in the "RBV family" (i.e. explorerforum, rps, rangerstation). Good Luck with the sale! A truly top notch build!

I'm sure the reason to let it go, after all your hard work, like you said, is a good one. I wish the selling experience to be quick & painless for you. :thumbsup:

Cheers to your next en-devour! :chug:

Selling your truck???

Scott, when are you going to and with what are you going to replace it with..... or are you getting out of the long trips out West..... hope not. PM me if you want as this comes as a big surprise but I'm glad circumstances are good with you. Oh to anyone thinking of buying Scott's truck, you have seen his build on line and I have seen it and traveled with him and Laura on long trips (DE's) it run's and preforms flawlessly. his attention to detail in this build is nothing short of awesome, (trailer also) Michael

I love this truck. I had always planned on getting a ranger and a v8 explorer to do a swap with, but I really love this truck. Hopefully I can get up the money in time to buy it before someone else does.

Hey Scott do you happen to remember what adapter hub you used for your grant steering wheel?

Back