94 a4ld tranny/tcase wiring questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 a4ld tranny/tcase wiring questions

microvibe

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport, 94 XLT
Ok i had a motor and tranny from a 94 xlt 4x4 installed into a 91 ranger.

Now the problems

Everything runs and shifts fine even the 3-4 shift is working but seems TC isnt locking up reving 2600-2800 rpm at 60mph. i think the tcc solnoid is fine because overdrive and tcc lockup was perfect while tranny was in 94xlt.

Here is what i am wondering the mechanic attached the plug to the shift motor but the 2 wires going to the sensor on tcase and the 1 wire going into tcase housing by rear driveshaft were cut off.

My question is what i sthat black sensor for and what is the otherwire going into the tcase housing for also would this cuz no TC lockup.

Also is thier a post on the site with pics of the location of the brake on/off switch, tps sensor or any other things related to tc lockup?

thanks

The VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is near the output shaft on the t-case (associated with the speedometer cable), but if the VSS wasn't plugged in, you wouldn't have either TCC lockup or 4th gear.

BOO switch is on the brake pedal under the dash.

TPS is on the side of the throttle body.

Ok i put code reader on it and i got the following

KOEO- 67,87,89

CM- 95

KOER- It just does the rev up test then just shows 3 zeros no cyclinder id or anything .

btw the wires on back of tcase are all hooked up properly.

KOEO 67 points to a problem with the park/neutral position (PNP) switch circuit. Gut feel is that someone didn't connect the PNP switch to the computer. Either that or something is out of adjustment so that the computer can't see that it's in P/N.

KOEO 87 points to a problem with the fuel pump circuit. Since the engine seems to run fine, this is likely a fault in the monitor portion of the circuit (going to the computer).

KOEO 89 points to a fault in the Torque converter clutch (TCC) lockup solenoid circuit. 1st thing to do would be to make sure all the wiring is properly hooked up after the engine/transmission swap.

CM 95 is also a fuel pump circuit fault, and is likely related to the KOEO 87. SOP is to focus on KOEO codes first, so I wouldn't worry about the CM code until KOEO/KOER codes are resolved.

Not sure what's wrong with the KOER test. Engine ID is output before it does the rev up test. Your reference to zeros suggests that you are using some kind of code reader/scanner to get the codes. Is it possible the scanner isn't waiting long enough for the codes to be output? Have you tried with just a jumper wire? Gut feel is that the problem with the KOER test is a problem with the scanner, though I have no idea what the problem would be, having never used a scanner to get codes.

Back