94 Supercab Splash SAS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Wow It is finaly time to start my sas thread.

94' Ranger Supercab Splash

Engine
95 roller 302 from a f150
GT-40Y heads
GT-40 Intake
1" spacer for intake
FMS roller rockers
Comp Cam
Pullys, brackets, timing cover, and watwepump from v8 explorer.
Custom snorkle in the works (air cleaner 125 Massy Fergison)
Summit racing all aluminum radiator and re worked radiator support

Transmission Transfer case
ZF-5 transmission from f-250 with 351
np-203 np-205 doubler from off road design 203 was from a chevy it was free

Front axle
79 bronco hp dana 44
5.13 Yucon gears
Aussie Locker
Warn premium hubs
stock axles for now
Purple cranium 1/2 spider

Rear axle
Ford big bearing 9" mid 70's f series
5.13 Yucon gears
Superior axles
Compititon Engenering axle truss
custom skid and 1/2 spider

Suspension and steering
Rear springs from an Explorer with aal and 4" shakle 2" factory block
(I hope to go to 63" chevy springs and eliminate the block)

Front suspension 5.5 Wild horses springs
duff upper coil bucket
extended radius arms with Ballistic joints
1 ton chevy tres, dom tubing on all links
custom trans crossmember with link mounts

DSC02292.JPG

DSC02288.JPG

DSC02291.JPG

DSC02290.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice looking ranger man!!:salute:

Very nice! I would really like to see more pics of the installed finished products! Again, great job!

Love it! Drivetrain kicks ass too. I didn't know the ZF5 bolted up to the 302.

Got a straight on pic to see how much the wheels stick outside the fenders?

thanks guys I'll get a straight on pic over the holliday

Love it! Drivetrain kicks ass too. I didn't know the ZF5 bolted up to the 302.

Got a straight on pic to see how much the wheels stick outside the fenders?

The ZF5 came in 3/4 ton behind 351w's. Just remember late 5.0s are a diferent imbalance than the 351 and use a 5.0 flywheel. (one of my more painful mistakes.)

DSC02303.JPG

DSC02309.JPG

DSC02305.JPG

DSC02308.JPG

A few more. Any other shots you guys want just let me know.

DSC02304.JPG

DSC02306.JPG

DSC02307.JPG

Once again, it looks awesome. Not even terribly wide for full width axles. I like the rear shock setup, it must ride pretty nice?

Once again, it looks awesome. Not even terribly wide for full width axles. I like the rear shock setup, it must ride pretty nice?

It turned out well so far as width goes. With 15x8" wheels it would have been narower. But it rides great, there are some curves It wont take very fast, but the ride is smooth even up around 70-80 mph. The shocks are a little stiff but other than that and the odd ocasional bang from the locker I have no complaint abought the sas part of this build. There are a few drivability issues with the engine to work out and the zf well it drives like a zf.

Have you considered a front swaybar to help with the handling? I'd think one for a full size Ford should fit fine, or look at stock RBV, Jeep XJ, FSJ, they all seem like they would work. I had to use the XJ one, the 1st gen Ex bar was too narrow and I had frame clearance issues that you won't. The FSJ bar would have been nice but it was a hair too wide and my tires rubbed while turning, again you won't have that problem.

With my wide stance from the tires and front swaybar it's stable enough to take corners faster than my old Neon could.

Have you considered a front swaybar to help with the handling? I'd think one for a full size Ford should fit fine, or look at stock RBV, Jeep XJ, FSJ, they all seem like they would work. I had to use the XJ one, the 1st gen Ex bar was too narrow and I had frame clearance issues that you won't. The FSJ bar would have been nice but it was a hair too wide and my tires rubbed while turning, again you won't have that problem.

With my wide stance from the tires and front swaybar it's stable enough to take corners faster than my old Neon could.

The curves that concern me are ones i should realy slow down for any way. On the highway it is great. I'm more concerned with some driveability issues right now.

good job on the truck it looks good
How long are your radius arms??

wondering on your steering. did u ream your knuckles to have the tierod on top... thats what i want.. are those the real one ton ends or the 3/4 ton ends?... any info would be greatly appreciated

Do you have any more pics on how you did front section of radius arms, or are the duffs? they look alot like duffs?

Looks great, we will be doing similar build to a bronco2 with Explorer 302, with ZF5spd

they look like stock ford radius ends painted blue.... the R.A. bracket is def a custom job w johnny joints

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They don't look stock *extended* at all. Thats Round Tube I assume DOM all the way down to the front and the spot that bolts to the c -cap is way bigger than stock shape

Back