94 X lift

big ee

Reaction score
City, State
terre haute,in.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer 4wd
hi,
i have a 94 x.4x4 i want to do a 2 lift.should i use spacers or coils?in the rear use aal or shackles.wanting to keep the cost down some.my front springs are almost sitting on the stops. i am new to the x lifting.
thank you in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look 2 post's down ... or how about a search ?

thanks for the help.i wasnt sure what to do because my coils are bottomed out.i didnt see a post on this.

you are saying that your front springs are compresed? so you are setting way down in front. or is the whole truck sitting down? like a low rider or something. if it is just the front springs wow they are prety heavy duty i wouldnt ever thout of them having spring sag. but any how you will need to go to your local wrecking yard and pick up a set of springs or like you said order a set of 2 in lift coils witch will probably cost a little more.

the whole x is setting down. the front end is almost touching the bump stops.thats why i thought maybe new coils instead of spacers.i may rearch the rear springs.

yea id say go with new springs and in the back you can use 85 or 86 model f-150 springs. all you do is seperate the spring pack and take out your old leafs off the main hanger and install the f-150's leaf pack onto your main hanger minus the f-150's main hanger of course. that should get you around 2 to 21/2 in. in the rear. i myself also used some taller front springs out of the junk yard but the flex aint as good as what you will get out of some custom springs.

Back