95 Explorer. The rear washer doesn't work. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer. The rear washer doesn't work.

Brage7

Reaction score
City, State
Alta, Norway
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Hello, my name is Svein from Norway, I am a new member of your site. My car is a 1995 Explorer 4L, 4X4.

I have problems with my tailgate wiper and my interior lights, my rear washer is okay but no power to the wiper, my interior lights don`t work on the switch either when the doors are open.

Is there anybody out there knows anything about this problem????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome svein

weird... i have the same problems except my lights do work when the doors are open (except the driver door)

I had same rear wiper problem w/ my 98 4.0. upon advice from a "ford guy" I gave it a good jerk outward (toward rear of the car) from the base of the wiper. worked! not sure what the issue is there, but it's a common problem and evidently a common solution

Hello, my name is Svein from Norway, I am a new member of your site. My car is a 1995 Explorer 4L, 4X4.

I have problems with my tailgate wiper and my interior lights, my rear washer is okay but no power to the wiper, my interior lights don`t work on the switch either when the doors are open.

Is there anybody out there knows anything about this problem????

Do you have a voltage meter or a test light? You need to check and see if you have voltage at the wiper motor. You might also make sure the interior bulb isn't blown also.

Hello, no 12 v on rear wiper motor, I forgot to tell that my interior lights stays on all the time so I have pulled out the bulbs.

Your lights are most likely staying on because one or more of your door ajar switches are bad.

As for no power at the motor, did you turn the motor switch on before testing?

95 Explorer, the rear wiper doesn`t work

Yes I had the switch in all positions when I tested the voltage

Hi Svein,

it seems I have got the same problem..

Has your problem been fixed yet? What was it?

:)

Back