95 Explorer wont start after heater core change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer wont start after heater core change

scotts1964

Reaction score
City, State
Wallingford, Ct.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Hi all,
Just found this group and I hope someone can help me. I have been looking through a lot of the previous posts, and have found out a lot of info, but nothing with the same exact symptoms at the same time. I just changed the heater core in my wifes '95 Explorer XLT, got it all back together and now I don't have have any power windows, door locks, seats and no fuel pump power. I didn't remove any connectors except the airbag and center console ones, and when removing the dash (actually just moving it out enough to reach the heater core cover) I left all connectors attached. I now have the dash and steering column back down and the drivers seat unattached, but couldn't find any piched/disconnected or broken wires. I even moved the Power Distribution Box under the hood to see if maybe I pulled some of the small wires in the harness (no luck - yet). I am going to replace the fuel relay with a new one to see if that works for that problem anyway. Are these 2 systems (door/seat/window control and fuel pump) connected in any way, or does this sound like unrelated problems - I don't get how I could pull it into the garage to change the heater core, and now I have these problems that seem totally unrelated. Could there be some kind of anti-theft that I don't know about - it has a key fob, but when we got it almost three years ago it didn't work and we never fixed it and I replaced the motor about three months ago and have not had any problems with it. I already reset the inertia switch twice, but have not checked for power to it with a test light yet. That will be my next plan of action, but I was hoping someone has already been down this road and could give me a quick/obvious fix that I am missing. The truck has been down almost a week now and my wife really needs it fixed. Thanks in advance

Scott

Back