• Register Today It's free!

95 XLT Codes 17, 32, 63, 332

rickb928

Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 V8 XLT
Ok, first a little rant. I look up OBDI codes and I get a raft of '94 advice. Very little '95 advice... Not to mention people trying to get me to hook up an OBDII tool to my '95. Please go away, ok?
And the Ford manual doesn't seem to document 2-sigit codes... grrr...

Now, on to the problems... CEL came on a while ago, and I thought I felt surging at highway speeds, so time to pull the codes, and I got:

KOEO
17 -Idle low -or- Throttle stop low (I do get low idel wne retarting hot sometimes.
32 - EGR error, EGR did not respond during test
63 - TPS signal low. Maybe related to 17?
332 - EGR valve did not open

KOER
332 again

Despite the regular advice that EGR codes are usually caused by a bad DPFE, can someone point out to me why if a 332 in KOER says the valve didn't open, it isn't the valve? Is it because the DPFE is how EEC-IV decides the valve opened? Except KOEO, there's no DPFE action, since there's no vacuum??? Argh...

I have this pain in my rear, right where my wallet is - it usually comes just before I buy the wrong part, and gets worse when I go buy the other part...

But thanks - EEC-IV is a pain to understand, and the '95 is the stepchild of EEC-IV/OBDI. I'm almost ready to find a SuperScan, but there goes that pain again...

ps- if you run the KOER test and get codes 538, 536, 632, you forgot to tap the brakes and the throttle... no codes for you! :)

-rick

Back