• Register Today It's free!

95k miles maintenance

Krzyboy2o

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport 2wd
before hitting 100k what necessay engine maintenance do i need to do? heres what i've done so far..

regularly change oil and filter
replace air cabin filter
drained tranny oil and replaced filter at 30k
replaced thermostat and radiator fluid
replaced plugs and wires are 60k
rotate trires

I would seriously consider switching all your fluids to synthetic. 5-30 oil 75w-90 rear diff and Mobil 1 or Amsoil ATF. Also look into a remote filter for the tranny, do a search under "remote transmission filter."

Plugs are probably ok but go with regular Motorcraft platinum and get better wires, Magnecor or Jacobs are pretty popular here.

You could go with KKM intake or K&N drop in filter.

Clean the throttle body and upper intake with Napa's SeaFoam or Amsoil's PowerFoam.

Run a couple bottles of Chevron fuel injector cleaner.

Thermostat and coolant should be every 2 yrs unless you're running DexCool (5 yrs).

Change your belt and rad/heater hoses.

That's enough to keep you busy and is all DIY over a couple weekends.

Shocks!
Diffy fluid?
How are your brake pads lookin? :D

Yeah, I need to do a full round of maintenence. Things on my list are flush radiator, change t-case fluid, both diffs, change power steering fluid. I need to clean my MAF. I'm going to pull my rear brakes and check them. My E-brakes are totally shot. My truck was kinda squirelly the other day, and when I got out I had a big iceball hanging from my e brake cable. It had been bouncing and engaging the e brakes. My brake warning light is also conveniently out.

Back