Looking at a 2007 EB V8 with 95k miles, would you buy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking at a 2007 EB V8 with 95k miles, would you buy?

canuckjgc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ex V6
Looking to replace my 2002 Eddie Bauer V6 with a 2007 EB V8. It has 95k miles for $10,500. 2nd owner with maintenance records. I've been happy with my 2002, but want the 3rd row and safety features of the 2007.

What do you think? Still lots of life in this thing?

It depends on a lot of factors (driving style, type of driving, maintenance, etc.) but if properly taken care of it could have lots of life left. First question to ask is why is it being sold.

My wife drives an 07 Escape with 212K and I would take it across country in a heartbeat.

I have almost same thing; 2006 EB V8, and I am at 149k miles. And I am expecting a lot more. I bought it with about 40k miles, but I do oil, tranny, differential fluid changes on regular basis. Brakes, bearings is a norm. At 95 k miles, the owner may be trying to dump it to avoid 100k miles spark plug change which may be a gamble and big headache. If he did it already, than just be ready for wheel bearings but that's not that bad. I would buy it for this price.

If you go by Kelley Blue Book, that price is low, depending on condition. Is this from a dealer?

Kelley_07_Explorer.jpg

Might be able to negotiate one repair thrown in to seal the deal. For that price, I doubt a dealer is selling it. When you buy used, you count on doing repairs. It's a crap shoot. Do ya feel lucky?

Back