• Register Today It's free!

95tm aftermarket heads....

J.Rovirosa

Reaction score
City, State
Socal
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 & 2003 Limiteds
I think the valve cover rails on my heads might be cracked, since I'm getting a very slow leak that tends to pool on the bottom rearmost exhaust manifold bolt head. Valve cover gaskets are brand new OEM and I'm positive it's not leaking from there or the lower intake. Looking at patching with JBWELD temporarily, but will ultimately replace the heads.

Haven't heard back from EQ to see if they still make the 95tm heads, but in the event that they don't, does anyone see any problem with getting the late-style small chamber/small exhaust port heads and just porting and polishing the exhaust side to roughly the same size as that on the 95tm heads? Truck is stock as can be and just looking for it to run exactly and as reliably as it did from the factory.

You can get 95TM heads from EQ, it's just a matter of getting them to send you the right ones.

It's mostly people who have ordered heads for a '95-97 from other head places that were sent the 98TM heads. These places said they had "95TM heads", but actually don't. They were either lying just to make a sale and hoping the customer didn't know/care, or they really were just clueless about the technical aspects and differences between cylinder heads.

Stick with EQ, be clear you want the stock replacement heads for a '95, the 95TM heads with the large exhaust ports, and that you don't want the 98TM heads with the smaller exhaust ports.

You can do what you're thinking and just remove material to port the exhaust on a 98TM to the same size as 95TM heads, but that is quite a bit of extra time and expense on a stock vehicle when you can get bolt-on heads without paying any extra.

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out, EQ no longer services the large port heads. Guess the only alternative now is to just open up the small port heads. Didn't get a reply from them as far as there being enough material in the casting to actually do this, so I'd appreciate input from anyone that's done it to a set of these aftermarket heads!

Back