'96 motorized antenna replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'96 motorized antenna replacement.

Longwood51

Reaction score
City, State
western Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
"Hello" from new member in Iowa to my fellow Explorer owners.
With your recommendation, I want to replace the motorized antenna on my '96 Eddie Bauer (5.0L V-8, All-Wheel-Drive). The motor runs, but the gears are shot. The antenna is partially 'up' and remains stationery. Each 'on' or 'off' of radio results in motor working for its pre-set duration -- enough time to lower or raise antenna -- but, of course, nothing actually happens to the antenna. Need to ensure a replacement that is reasonably priced and properly replaces the OEM part. Thanks for your guidance.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 95-01 section. Check the vendors list on this site. I'm sure that they might have a replacement antenna. Some aftermarket companies make a fit all (univeral) replacement. I know that I have a spare one somewhere. Do you want to get the OEM design?

I've ordered from those guys, great products... (If Brooklyn's doesn't work)

You'll have to remove the antenna motor and take the cover off to remove all of the old broken pieces out or the new one will roll into the other pieces and chew that one up too... Not a hard job, just tedious. :)

Back