• Register Today It's free!

Replacement antenna

RyansX

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Hey guys! Took off my antenna the other day so i could clean my windshield easier the other day and when i was putting it back on i tightened to much and it broke the tip on the threaded end i think. Anyways i was thinking about getting one of those little ones but im new to antennas and such so i need your help because now i have little radio reception. I was wondering if i could maybe run it under the hood and take off the thing that holds the antenna? I like the clean look of no antenna sticking up. Please help! Ill get some pics soon

Hey guys! Took off my antenna the other day so i could clean my windshield easier the other day and when i was putting it back on i tightened to much and it broke the tip on the threaded end i think. Anyways i was thinking about getting one of those little ones but im new to antennas and such so i need your help because now i have little radio reception. I was wondering if i could maybe run it under the hood and take off the thing that holds the antenna? I like the clean look of no antenna sticking up. Please help! Ill get some pics soon

Your antenna needs to stick up outside the body; otherwise the metal in the body shields the antenna from the radio waves. Most newer vehicles without external antenna have antenna wires embedded in the glass somewhere. I believe that I have seen "stick on" antenna wiring that you put in a window, but have never used it and have no idea how well it works, how it looks, etc. Good luck.

Back