97 Awd 5.0 X

fordsRfun

Reaction score
City, State
hailey, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 awd v8 xlt
97 Awd 5.0 X Block Heater

My block heater is not working(never heard of one going out b4, odd) so it is time to replace it. I took a look and it is readily accessible from underneath, does anyone have any pointers for doing the job on my own?

Thanks!

I've put plenty of them in but never took one out that I can remember. You need to drain as much coolant as you can and have a pan below the heater to catch the rest. You should just have to remove the nut on the stud in the middle of it and then twist it out. Clean the hole and install the new one. It might be a struggle to get loose so be prepared for some grief that way

Thanks

I've put plenty of them in but never took one out that I can remember. You need to drain as much coolant as you can and have a pan below the heater to catch the rest. You should just have to remove the nut on the stud in the middle of it and then twist it out. Clean the hole and install the new one. It might be a struggle to get loose so be prepared for some grief that way

I might as well flush the coolant system since I am alredy draining the whole thing...

Back