• Register Today It's free!

97 Black xlt

check35

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 ranger xlt
Hey everyone! First post! Anyways, I've got a black 97 xlt explorer 5.0 V8. I love it (except for the gas :p!)! She's my first truck/car. The only things I have done are remove the running boards, and hubcaps. I have been thinking about putting the hubcaps back on, but she looks a lil more rugged without them. Oh and I almost forgot, the monster dent on the door from getting t-boned:mad:

Picture077.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site! I would put the center caps back on but thats just my opinion.

Welcome To The Forum! I personally kept the caps on mine I think they look better. Are you planning on repairing the driver side? Other than that she looks like she would be a good looking truck.

Yea I'm trying to get the door repaired, but I dont have the cash as of now. How much you guys think getting that kinda damage repaired may run me?? oh and I put the caps back on.

Not sure how much it would cost but I'd imagine maybe more than what it would cost to get a good door at the junkyard. Check for an estimate at some local body shops and call some junkyards to see what a door would cost incase they have one that looks alike.

Welcome aboard. :salute: Nice looking Ex. :thumbsup: I agree with checking the junkyards and comparing that with a shop's estimate. Good luck.

A door would cost me about 75.00 for the shell only. Would it be easy to just transfer everything over, or should I let a pro do it?

For the shell only? You could swap things over but be fore warned that working in the door on items can be a PITA because of the lack of space. I can't imagine the junkyard would tear everything out to sell for that price.

Back