97 Explorer. Brake switch wire broke! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Explorer. Brake switch wire broke!

antigrav118

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 5.0 xlt
i have a 1997 ford explorer 5.0 xlt. Today it got stuck in park after i cranked it up. I did a little research and decided it was probably the brake switch. I replaced the brake switch and it still didnt work- I looked a little harder and saw that one of the two wires that connect to the brake switch was broken. It is broken right on the connector to the brake switch so I cant try to connect anything. I havent been able to find a brake switch wire connector or anything online to fix my problem, and autozone didnt think they had one. Please help! I'll be forever grateful!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i got it figured out. All the googling I did for a brake switch wire or brake switch sensor, etc. didnt help at all- there doesnt seem to be much info available on what to do if you find a broken wire there. I called around town to autozone, napa, advance auto parts and they didnt have anything for it. One of the Ford dealerships said there was none in stock, but I found another dealer that had one- Pretty easy wiring after getting the part. If anyone wants any info on it just PM me.
-Brett

Back