97 Explorer Fuel Tank | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Explorer Fuel Tank

oldguy5

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Does anyone know:

What the variously called Breather Vent Hose Assembly, Fuel Tank Vent Valve or Valve - Fuel Vapor Vent are called (Ford part number would help) when searching "motorcraft" or parts stores (NAPA, Autozone, Advance Auto).

I broke one when dropping the tank on the Explorer.
Forgot to disconnect it first.

Also, who sells them and about how much $$.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer valve assm,

Seems like someone else forgot to disconnect the valve before dropping the tank.

The part number is Ford F67Z*9B593*CA VALVE ASSEMBLY. Ford's price was $42.84. Good Luck.

Hello,

It happened to me too.

Sadly i was traveling for work reasons, and got a problem with my Explorer. It didn´t turn on... I try everything until my mechanic arrived, and it happend to be the Fuel Pump that i put new a month ago...

I got to buy a high pressure fuel pump, so it would work fine with my truck, so i got one. Yukkazo, sadly they only got for 4runner, so i got to use it.

And in the process, the vent valve got broken.... i will search it so i cant replace it. It's there a step by step guide on this matter?

Thanks for the answers!

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-10 at 9.05.03 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-03-10 at 9.05.03 AM.jpeg

Hello,

It happened to me too.

Sadly i was traveling for work reasons, and got a problem with my Explorer. It didn´t turn on... I try everything until my mechanic arrived, and it happend to be the Fuel Pump that i put new a month ago...

I got to buy a high pressure fuel pump, so it would work fine with my truck, so i got one. Yukkazo, sadly they only got for 4runner, so i got to use it.

And in the process, the vent valve got broken.... i will search it so i cant replace it. It's there a step by step guide on this matter?

Thanks for the answers!

View attachment 439702 View attachment 439703
I brought my on amazon. Ford F67z9b593ca Fuel Tank Vapor Vent Check Valve OEM$33.00
It twists on and off . clockwise too lock. Counter clockwise too remove. Also the fuel pump retaining bolt, also purchase on amazon. (25) M6-1.0 x 12mm Sems Body Bolts 10mm Hex 18mm Washer OD .

Back