98 2 Door Exhaust

hunterdan

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fairless Hills, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Chevy Silverado
I've been reading here and researching for a while. I just bought a 1998 Explorer Sport with the 4.0 OHV motor. I've researched a bit, and cant seem to find the right answer. I want to put an exhaust system on. Preferably the Dynomax kit. But it only lists for the 4 door. I know the only difference is the pipe in front of the muffler. If I get this kit, will it be possible to just cut that pipe down to the correct length? Im looking at this kit mainly because I can get it at work (advance auto) for about $100. I was looking at the flowmaster kit, but I had a flowmaster on my old truck and wasnt impressed with it, besides, everyone has a flowmaster :D . Just another quick question, is it possible for the stock shocks to be a hair loose and cause a clunking noise at low speeds, but I can apparently hear it at speed going over cracks in the road. Thanks for any info that might help.

Dan

Well I just recently got a Dynomax Super Turbo put on my truck (catback), I just bought the muffler from Advanced and then had a local exhaust shop put it on w/ new pipes and a nice 3" tip. Altogether it costs $120 for muffler plus new pipe and labor. So you might want to try this route.
-Cody

I was thinking about it, but the shops in my area dont like to install parts that people buy. I went through this with my old truck. The place I did find, they did good work, but it just took them forever to do it and feel I got overcharged. Took them about 5 hours to install a new cat, muffler and pipe, was a really simple install. Plus I like to do things myself.

Dan

Back