'98 Eddie Bauer with new Grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'98 Eddie Bauer with new Grille

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks great very clean looking:D

Thank you!!!

Nice indeed! Is that a Street Scene? I've never seen that type of insert that covers the whole opening!

looks like a grillecraft, i got a street scene, mine parts out in the center

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Grillcraft...

You guys are right, it's a Grillcraft. Got the idea from Alphasylum:D ...

What do you guys think about adding a Chrome Safari Bar??? I saw one online for $229.00.

whoa, that grille looks bada$$ man, is it a custom job? ive got a 97 and thats the type of grille i want instead of the billet i have now. 2 thumbs up :D

d'oh now that i see, its a grillecraft, for 98 and 99 only.... i wonder if it would work with 97. i might have to mod it a bit... but the actual opening is the same size isnt it?

Originally posted by kardinal
d'oh now that i see, its a grillecraft, for 98 and 99 only.... i wonder if it would work with 97. i might have to mod it a bit... but the actual opening is the same size isnt it?

Thanks for the compliments kardinal. I checked Grillcraft's website and I didn't see the grill listed for the '97's. The openning is the same size, but I think you have a hood release in the grill area which is probably why they don't make it for your year. :(

Originally posted by wmak8

Thanks for the compliments kardinal. I checked Grillcraft's website and I didn't see the grill listed for the '97's. The openning is the same size, but I think you have a hood release in the grill area which is probably why they don't make it for your year. :(

thats the only difference? sweet! i dont use my hood latch, i wired it so that you pull a wire thats right under the hood instead of the actual latch to open it. its worth a try. if i can get it to work, ill let you guys know. :D

Back