99 Eddie Bauer Stereo Head unit install ..3rd plug ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Eddie Bauer Stereo Head unit install ..3rd plug ??

Erik727

Reaction score
City, State
spring,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer eddie Bauer
Put this in the audio section and haven't gotten an answer...Thought i would try over here..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a 99 Eddie Bauer with mach system,,bought a Kenwood KDC-HD752BT from Sonic Electronix...Came with harnesses and dash kit .
My question is---- I want to retain the factory sub ..The harness kit they sent me is the Scosche FDK-13B ,,it came with the plug for the sub with rca's....My factory radio has 3 plugs ,,a long rectangular plug, a big square plug and a small square ..I know the small square is for the sub , the rectanguar plugs into the harness sonic sent me...What happens to the large square plug ?? Just tape it off and not use ? I'm guessing its for steering wheel controls /and or cd changer ..My vehicle does not have a cd changer

Having the same problem.... However what research I've done has shown that the smallest of the plugs goes to the steering wheel controls, the rectangular plug is the same as in my base sport (basic radio plug) so this leaves the large square plug to go to the factory amp and sub.

Did you figure out your problem? If so, I need help also.

The big plug is for the CD changer in the center console.
Just ignore it, since it won't work with that radio.

Back