99 Explorer illuminated light headlight switch problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer illuminated light headlight switch problem

Here's a picture of the bulbs and corresponding part numbers. Not sure if it will help much as Ford dealership said they all were no longer available when I tried to check on prices. Maybe you can find them on internet somewhere though.

Attachments

• Bulb Numbers.jpg
    Bulb Numbers.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 589

Which year are these for? That looks like the blue light - which I do think is discontinued. The green light is still available.

I'm fairly sure the part numbers for the fog/defrost and headlamp bulbs are for the blue ones. Don't know what year they changed from blue to green but my 97 is blue and 99 is green. I think the cruise control bulb is clear and is the same for most 2nd gen Explorers. Dealer still had the cruise control bulb listed with a price ($5.49) but said it was no longer available when they tried to order it.

Hi, 1st time here and I'm finding lots of great posts to help me with some issues with my new (to me) 1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 4.0 SOHC automatic. I couldn't locate anything relating to this issue though...
The little lights that illuminate the headlight selection switch (left side of the dash, (off, park, on)) fail to illuminate when I turn on the lights, I've adjusted the dash light dimmer to max but still nothing..these are the only dash lights that fail to work. Is this common? Is it easy to fix? and lastly do I need to replace the light selector switch (sounds expensive)?

Thanks
hi ther is a bulb in ther you need to remove several panels to get the headlight switch out and replace the bulb
part number F87Z-13B765-DA if it a green bulb dealer item

Back