• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer Sport Lift

dbrock88

Reaction score
City, State
G-Town, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
I have a 99 explorer sport 2wd w/ the sohc 4.0 and 5spd auto. I am wondering if there is any lift available because it has a mono leaf in the rear and if there is not a kit available what i can do to get about 3 inches of suspension lift. i know it is 2wd and i dont want to lift it to be a fake 4wd i just want more ground clearance so i dont have to worry about bottoming out where i go motorcycle riding and have to keep scraping the bottom. also what size tires can i fit under it with it being stock( the biggest w/o rubbing). i need all the advice i can get and thanks a lot.

eeep! your gonna get burnt by other members for asking these questions that have already been coverd many times... try browsing the Useful Threads ... you can also use the Search function of the board. As for the tire size, check this thread out.

Get rid of the monoleaf and put a 4dr spring pack on the rear, then tweek your torsion bars up and get some Warrior shackles. That will give you about 2" of lift. Cheap to do and will give more clearance with 31x10.5's and maybe 32" tires. The only way to get clearance is to have bigger tires. Either the torsion bar twist and shackles or a body lift will what you want for a reasonable price.
Also this is the wrong forum to be asking about suspension kits. We have a forum dedicated just for this. I am moving this thread to that forum

Back