'99 GT40P manifolds on '96 GT40 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 GT40P manifolds on '96 GT40 Explorer?

ttbit

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 ST 5.0 sold
'07 ST8
Will the cast '99 exhaust manifolds work on a 96 5.0 with the standard GT40 heads? If they do clear the plugs/wires OK, does the exit match to the existing exhaust properly?

Thank you,
Don

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will not because the EGR tube is different(intern) on the 96 models

Thanks all!

I am not sure why, but every forum I have gotten on over the years contains some "Don" with a million posts, and many times from Knoxville. :) :)

I am going to look at a Sport Trac today. I am considering it for a 302 conversion now. It has 300,000 miles on it. :eek:

Hey, I'm only on two sites, often. Good luck there,

I have one set of headers for my 97 302, but I likely will need them. You should be able to find them easily, tons of people have swapped them out. Doesn't that have rear disc brakes, did Ford go back to drums for those to start with?

Yes...this 2001 ST has drum brakes! I haven't had time this week to really look it over. I am looking forward to having next week off to get parts stripped from the '96 and really look at the differences in all the parts.

I'll search around for a header. If I see the crack on the old one, maybe I will attempt a repair for a temp fix. This 5.0 swap might deserve those nice custom headers. I guess I'll have to see how things go!

It's nice to find a good source of knowledge here in Knoxville.

Don

Any time, it's all about finding the weather and time to work in.

Back