9XLT3Explorer's Elite Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

9XLT3Explorer's Elite Registry

Hello my name is Mike and last night i became Elite.Been around here for a while and finally got around to becoming Elite.I have a wife and 2 children.Im 24 years old and my Explorer has been in my family since it rolled off the show room floor.My grandfather was the original buyer of the truck and it got passed from him to my grandmother after he passed on.Then it went to my mother and then i got my hands on it.It has been taken very well care of.And when i got it i had to do something to change the look of it.

I started with the old clear corners.Then it went all uphill from there.Ive had the truck about 3 years now and it has about 250,000 on the clock and still runs great.Nothing major done to it but the lower intake gasket was replaced by me and what a job that was.Going into that pretty much blind folded.Was learning as i went and i had no problems with it after that.

Mods ive done to it include:
KKM intake
New rims black powder coated steel rock crawlers
Navajo tailights
Billet grille
Billet radio antenna
Brushed aluminum cluster bezel
Waiting on diamond headlights and new set of corners and signal lights
Flowmaster series 40 muffler
Currently doing shackles and spacers

Stuff ive done include:
Taking out wiper motor and wiper arm on liftgate
Took off roof racks
Turned the back of my truck into a detail heaven-Put up things to hold onto bottles of clearner and hooks to hold scrub brush heads.Looks better than it sounds.

Things i want to do are:
Add another Flowmaster muffler and pipe out the other side
Most likely after this lift get another
Bigger tires to go with rims

Like always this truck is a work in progress.Where i stop who knows.But thats the fun of moding right?

Attachments

• frontbilletgrille.jpg
    frontbilletgrille.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 248
  • HPIM0479.jpg
    HPIM0479.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 249
  • HPIM0731.jpg
    HPIM0731.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 259
  • travisgauges.jpg
    travisgauges.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 257

modifications are addictive. Welcome to the Elite status. Glad to see you joining. Nice truck

-Drew

Welcome aboard. Your X is one of the most shiney first Gen's I've seen.

Fordexplorer157 said:
Welcome aboard. Your X is one of the most shiney first Gen's I've seen.
Thanks for the compliment.I try very hard to keep that paint job looking like that.It always clean.But as a 2wd when i see mud puddles or mud thats not to thick im going for it.Leave it dirty for a few days then have to clean it up.

This site is very helpful so becoming elite is something i can give back.

Back