A/c Blows hot air?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/c Blows hot air??

Here is a weird one. My A/C works fine with idling yet when I would get on the gas it would go warm or hot.

I noticed this happened after my wife ran the heater the other day. It could be a blend door problem.

Yet, I rat or mouse was living under my hood while the truck was parked for a year. Well, I took off the intake manifold today because I followed the hot line coming from intake manifold. Once I had the Intake manifold off I could see the wires that look like temp sensors right next to each other going into the thermostate housing. I found that the rat had chewed through the wires to the first sensor. So I sodiered the wires with new wires back together and checked for voltage. I also fixed that round tube looking thing the rat had chewed through that as well.

Now when I restarted the car after fixing the wires and that tube the A/C works perfectly. So I thinking the wires hung on until rencently one or two strands were still sending 9 volts to the sensor, but it broke and for some reason this sensor is right next to the hose that was getting so hot coming from the thermostate housing. Once the wires were connected again the hose was cool. So the sensor begin disconnected may have affected the water direction flow somehow. I know I have the climate control option not manual so I think the whole thing is computer controlled. I know when turn on the heater in my 95 EB I can see the little portioning valve open and close. Yet, the porition valve in the 98 EB is under near the belt accessory drive under on the motor under the air box. I tested it while the motor was running AC on or off heater on or off it never moved. So I though it was probably dead. I guess this was not the case as it seemed to operate again after I had the wires connected to the sensor again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the fix from http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/ on my 98 Explorer. The execption I had was there were three bolts holding mine. Two in the front and one in the back. The rear one is a little hard to get to but I used a 1/4" drive 8mm socket and was able to remove it and replace it. It was a little slow going but not that big of a deal. I also realized that my door didn't break at full heat. So I got a flash light and turned the temp from full heat toward cold till the hole in the door and the square pin lined up. With this I also had to drill my pin at a different angle than in the instructions. I used a nail. I cut the head off and put it in a drill. This way the plastic melts and eliminates any looseness or the need for glue.

Explorer AC compressor

my AC compressor in my 1998 explorer wont kick on ( i dont hear a click or the idle wont raise) what can i check before taking it to the shop ?

help with finding the part

mine does the same thing, blows hot air...i checked the blend door motor by taking it off then plugging it in and changing the temps, it doesnt move. so mine is fried, where do i find a replacement motor ? any links ? thanks guys

my AC compressor in my 1998 explorer wont kick on ( i dont hear a click or the idle wont raise) what can i check before taking it to the shop ?

ive got the same thing

I am having a problem with my 1997 Ford Explorer AC not cooling at all at an idle but it does cool down a little while I am driving. I checked the blend door and it is closed. I checked the low pressure and at 100 degrees ambient temperature I was running around 55psi which is supposed to be normal. My compressor clutch is engaged. Can anyone give me some idea where to look for an answer to this problem?

Corky

same with me just bought this eddie bauer 3 weeks ago one day it was hot i used the ac on normal flr-pnl worked good thenone day it got chilly used the heat now even on max ac it is warm air my controls are electronic with the cold and hot bottons guess i'll be checking the blend door motor and blend door

Back