a/c no vent only defrost problem

stangpwr

Reaction score
City, State
new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mounty AWD V8
Hey guys,
I think i isolated the problem to my no vent problem but i need some help. The Black vacuum line coming into the truck under the glovebox is only registering 5 inches of vacuum I dont know if this normal? However when i disconnected the black line and applied some vacuum via mityvac pump the vent started to work i just want to make sure that i isolated the problem to the engine bay. The vacuum line all looks good under the hood, i did replaced the vacuum ball about 2 years ago maybe that went? Thanks for any help

jtsmith,

Hello, I have already looked at that link before i started poking around the a/c. I'm thinking that 5" of vaccuum is a not that much of a vaccuum to pull open the 3 motors. I'll be going to the junkyard this weekend to pick up a vaccuum ball a couple of hoses and probably a eatc unit, just to be sure. Funny thing is it started just after i was diagnosing a right headlight no low beam condition and i was poking around everywhere in the engine compartment before i went to the forum did some research and found my problem was a broken solder joint on the lamp out module.

I think I have the same problem?

About a week ago my blower motor started going bad. It just stopped working and when I finally realized what it was I could just tap on it and it would run. I'd just stared my work week and had to let it go until my day off today. During that time it got worse. The air flow got weaker and it finally gave out on me. I bought a new blower motor and replaced it. Now when I turn it on it sounds like a hurricane coming through, but now the air flow is extremely weak on all setting except the defrost. I've read alot on this forum about similiar problems and different types of solutions and I've tried to follow them, but nothing seems to be working so far. I've given up for the night. My truck is in about a million pieces and all my lights are either dying on me or burning out so I think that's a hint. I've read alot of these threads about Explorers with the same problem and don't know if I'm just not getting it or they are different than the Ranger. I've got a 1994 Ranger Splash. The blower motor works and sounds like it could blow the wig off an old lady, but the air flow is next to nothing. If anybody could give this non-mechanically inclined ole boy a hand I'd sure appreciate it. I'm trying to keep her on the road as long as I can. Thanks.

Back