a/c problem with just 2 vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a/c problem with just 2 vents

abrown1014

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer and the two vents in the center, right under the radio, blow air but it won't get cold. It has dual air and all of the other vents get cold like normal (including the single driver side and passenger side ones). I've checked the pressure on the high and low valves and they are perfect. Also whenever I run the A/C, it doesn't make any weird noises.

Anybody know what this could be? I've read about the blend door actuator but I thought one of the main symptoms was a knocking or something coming from the vents.

Also I turned on the heat, and it works great.
Update: I tore the dash apart and removed the blend door actuator near the gas pedal. Luckily I'm a small female and fit under the steering column with ease lol.
I have a replacement actuator, but I've heard there are two different actuators.

As mentioned previously it's a dual climate. Middle and rear work fine. I don't want to rep
lace the wrong one. I posted this a few weeks ago but didn't get a response of anyone can help me out! I just don't understand why the heat works through all vents but when I switch to cold, the middle vents in the front won't get cold. Thank you!

Back